Saturday, April 24, 2010

Walk In The Light

Welcome! Been gone a while...BUT I'm back...

This week's song is "Walk In The Light" performed by the Georgia Mass Choir. Here is a link to hear the song ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTIz-1QlN18

The inspiration for this song, came from my Pastor's message last week that was entitled "Watch Your Step". The message consisted of different ways to "watch your step". They were to 1) "walk in the Spirit", 2) "walk in Faith", 3) walk in Love and 4) "walk in the Light". The last reminded me of the song above that we also sung in my choir...what exactly did the song and my pastor mean by "walking in the Light?"

Soooo, I headed to the Bible. My first mission was to figure out what light I need to be walking in. Sunlight? Moonlight? The leader of the song (my mom; when we sing it in our choir) says in an ad lib "Jesus is the light..." but let's not take their word for it :-)

I found my answer in John 8:12 (NIV) that says "...I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." The Bible confirms that JESUS is the light. When people are walking in the Light they are essentially living within the guidelines Christ has provided for us.

Below are some examples of "walking in the light":
-ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR SIN  (I John 1:9)
-ACKNOWLEDGE CHRIST (I John 2:23)
-DO NOT BE DEVOTED TO THIS WORLD OR THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD
(1 John 2:15-17)
-OBEDIENCE TO GOD (1 John 2:5-6)
-LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS (1 John 2:10)
-LIVE AS CHRIST (1 John 1:5-7)

But why walk in the Light?  The answer is very simple...walk in the Light so you don't stumble. That is true biblically and literally. You can't see in the dark which increases your chances of falling BUT if you walk in the light (in truth) you won't stumble. (John 11:9-10)

As the song says: "WALK in the Light, TRUST in the Light, there's JOY in the Light, JESUS is the Light....ain't it wonderful, ain't it glorious, ain't it marvelous, ain't it beautiful....HOW THE LIGHT SHINES!!!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment